Monday, November 23, 2009




Holiday weeks always seem so short, like a weekend. Since we don't do the "traditional" Thanksgiving in our house (we are not turkey fans) this is a bit safer than Christmas dinner and Christmas food altogether. This Thanksgiving like the last few we will have lobster tails, steamed sweet potatoes, salad, and the drawn butter. It will of course be followed up with pecan and pumpkin pie. It won't be all good, but, the local health club offers a free class Thanksgiving morning for a food donation. This year I am going to do it, I swear...
I have no goal weight to lose this week, just an I will see attitude.

This week I am just trying not to get overly stressed as I seem to when I am the one entertaining.
I have maintained the last week. I guess a no gain no lose is better than a gain, right?
I don't have anything great to post this Monday. The goals for the most part always remain the same and I can't wait for the lobster and pecan pie. We all have to indulge from time to time.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Medical Librarian said...

I hate being the one to host. I'm almost too tired from cleaning, cooking, and otherwise preparing to even enjoy the gathering. And then I get to clean again afterwards!

You always seem to have everything so orderly, pretty, and festive, though, that I bet you're the perfect hostess. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

The Certifiable Dieter said...

I am the nightmare hostess-secretly. The perfectionist in me comes out like mad. It can be ugly and scary...so I am told by my spouse and sister.

Medical Librarian said...

That's too funny!!

Hope yesterday was more relaxing and less perfection-oriented, then. :)