Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!




Christmas week is all so full of last minute errands, cooking, baking and a lot of eating. With our weather mimicking that of early spring I have no excuses not to walk off my calories, I love a white Christmas, but am also really loving this great weather that I am sure will not be around long.
I have decided to up my walks a bit and start running. Something I said I would never do and couldn't understand why people loved it so much, that and biking. The bikers still drive me crazy and I don't understand the need to bike 20 miles a day, plus it kills my rear. After watching the Biggest Loser finale since that is all I watch of that show, and meeting someone who lost a lot of weight by adding running, I think I am ready to give it a go. I have a bad knee and some slight worries, but I will never know unless I try. I am not talking about doing the New York marathon or anything, just adding a mile or two by sprinting some. I have a treadmill I can test this out on, but hear it is never the same as the beaten path. For the purpose of safety I have gotten a running book basics and how to prevent injury. If I don't like it than I guess I just start swinging my arms more. Baby steps.
I won't be setting any goals this week other than what I strive for every week, I will enjoy the Holidays and the great food and company, and just try and pay attention to what and how much I am putting in my mouth. It is always good to eat dinner off a dessert/salad plate and that is one thing I will be doing for sure.

Have the Merriest Christmas!

1 comment:

Medical Librarian said...

I would be so happy to give you our white Christmas and have your early spring weather!!! Ugh.