Monday, January 4, 2010

A lot about nothing




I never make New Year resolutions, I think we should want to be good to ourselves all year long, not just in January. Did you know if you were needing extra income you could make some good commissions at just about any gym this month. This is the highest sales time for gym memberships that don't get used, supplement stores like GNC see a huge boost this month as well. You can find all kinds of deals on used exercise equipment on Craig's List and even better deals if you wait six months and buy the new stuff that people got sick of using as a drying rack or a place for their coats three days after they got it. People spend insane amounts of money on good intentions. If I only had a product for the insane intentions...hmmm
I have seen more people out running and walking on my regular path the last few days and I don't think it is my imagination, I think they are the resoluter's. I am sure they will fade as fast as they appear. Slow and steady wins the race, right? If that is the case than I should have come in first place a year ago.

I would really like to say I did my best to ward off those unwanted holiday pounds, but I didn't. I read a really good article about how our bodies process foods. Our bodies are not made to eat processed foods, it doesn't know how to handle it and causes overload sensory issues. Just eating a handful of golf fish crackers freaks your body out. It is better to have real butter and real sugar than chemically made products, but people still drink Diet Coke and eat margarine. Aspartame gets into every tissue in your body and never ever leaves, it can cause really bad damage more than if you had one can with real sugar. With that said, I don't eat sugar, I use Agave and Stevia and so far no bad reports that it will kill me soon or damage my organs and tissues. It also doesn't spike insulin levels in our bodies. As for the margarine, I heard you can leave it in the sun and it won't melt, kind of freaky to think about. So why do we stay away from the natural things our ancestors had been eating for years? Is it convience? The next great thing? I had decided to go back to fruits, vegtables and grains with some added protien and see how different I feel after a month. With that said, I did have that handful of goldfish crackers this last weekend. I was never off the diet of grains, fruits and veggies, I have just been the greatest of slackers this holiday season.

I got to thinking about this blog. What does it do for me? Nothing. Not many people read it, I don't feel accountable to it, I feel stuck on one subject and want a place that showcases all my crazy, not just my diet crazy. I feel the need to be reinvented and that is what I am planning on doing. I think at the end of January I will have my new blog going and say good bye to my Monday's here. 2010 is a big year and I think it is going to be a great year, I want a place I can talk about all that is going on, complain, whine, be crazy and just be all over the board if I want. I was in hopes that this blog would be a guiding force of some kind and that just didn't happen. I think weight loss and being healthy in general is a struggle, but so is everyday life. I think I have said I have no and I mean NO intentions of going into my forties with the way I lived in my thirties, and I am close to hitting that milestone and I am going to make damn sure I go in with a bang.

I will be working on taking off Christmas/New Year poundage this week. I may have mentioned that I thought of taking up running. I have done small jaunts and I do fine but am not sure how my knee will hold up, but it feels really good when I stop. The endorphins are amazing. Roller blading, Tennis and Golf are just a few of the "Yes I wills" before forty.

My fingers are crossed and my shoes are laced for a good five pound loss this week!

2 comments:

Medical Librarian said...

I actually really like the idea of a blog that is about more than your healthful lifestyle.

I can't wait to read it!!!!

Vishruti said...

Hi girls...i have started a fashion blog for full-figured women...please visit it. I'd love to get comments and feedback :) http://styleforcurves.blogspot.in/