Monday, September 28, 2009

INSANITY

Some of you know that I have recently been having some issue with my stomach (since May). I have been going though yucky tests and impatiently waiting some results. Still-I have no answers, other than my scope was clean. To make a long story short, I ended up in the urgent care on Sunday. Not something I ever EVER like or want to do. In finding out that the pain is caused from some of these GI issues was annoying to say the least. On a funny note my release papers read like this: Esophageal irritation, no need for food for several days. It really says that word for word. So I don't need food for several days, aside from getting cranky, and homicidal from lack of sustenance I should really drop more than five pounds following these doctors orders. I bet some of these Hollywood tartlets would love those orders.
It does state I can drink warm liquid. How many days is several? Three or four? I was sent home with really gross liquid pain killer, it has made matters worse and me very sick to my stomach. Maybe that was the point of several days??
The stress that this has caused is enormous, I mean all around not just Sunday. I normally don't like to share these kinds of things unless I really know you and don't want to come across as whining as I know there are many others that have it worse than I do. It is just not pleasant to try and drink water and have it cause shooting pains in your chest. For that, I whine.
I have allowed this a lot of power and mind consumption and decided that Monday would be the day I finally make the commitment to Yoga. I have been doing stretching to prepare, but I need focus and this week it is Yoga, and hopefully some good news or news in general from my GI doc.
My goal this week is really to find a positive attitude somewhere, I wish they sold them at Target, I would get a spare. The negativity is swallowing me whole and I don't enjoy it and neither does my husband.
A lot of warm tea, painful water and a good attitude mixed with Yoga. That is my Monday.


1 comment:

Medical Librarian said...

I am so upset. You've been dealing with this misery for way too long, and I can't believe that now water is causing that kind of a reaction. Ugh. I feel for you, and I hope you're much better soon.

I laughed out loud about your positive attitude (and a spare) remark.

Feel better!