Monday, October 5, 2009

It has been a six pound weight loss this last week, it was enough to push me over so that I had to discard a lot of clothing that started falling off...literally. I think I like this method of weight loss better than the evils of the scale. I am sure the longer walks and my addiction to the everything salad has helped greatly. I am feeling really focused and driven, I am also hoping the feeling last longer than today.
I use to track everything I ate and found it to be time consuming and not that useful. I think I may give it a try this week to see if I can find my triggers.
I read Oxygen magazine, Cleaning eating and Oxygen's special seasonal addition. I am not into the fitness modeling or body building although some of the women just look healthy and lean, and they have some great advice and exercise tips in every issue. Anyway, they have just done the first ever motivational issue and it has great tips and stories of regular people and their journey's. I think it is part of my driven mind today. I also love the clean eating plan that Tosca Reno created.
I would love to lose another six pounds in a week but know it isn't healthy. So I will shoot for three. Six more and I think I would be done another size. That should be motivating itself.

2 comments:

Medical Librarian said...

I read something the other day that said most food cravings pass in ten minutes if you don't satisfy them. Have you heard that before, and do you agree?

The everything salad sounds yummy and healthy!!

The Certifiable Dieter said...

I have read that too. I think it is something in the brain, I think the sugar cravings are the worst to wait out especially for us girls.
I could post the salad, it was so good.