Monday, December 7, 2009



My Thanksgiving gain is gone, but I didn't lose the additional two pounds I wanted to lose. I guess that is my goal for this week. It is so amazing (not shocking) to me how easy it is to eat "bad foods" and then keep going like I never stopped.I remember when I did Atkins a few years ago, I stayed very faithful for the two weeks that you can basically only suck on green beans- and was shocked on how I no longer craved sugar or my favorite...bread. I think sugar is like muscle memory, you can go long periods of time without it, but once you have just a taste your body recalls everything about it. It is this time of year,and only this time of year that I admire the people that only eat to fuel their bodies and nothing more. I can't imagine not enjoying the different tastes of food, but there are people out there that just see it as a sustainable need and nothing else. That is just so baffling. I wish I could think that way during the holiday season. No suck luck, it appears that I like to cook and eat, and really taste what I am eating. Shocking isn't it?
I sometimes write this post the day before as I am doing now. I was running up the stairs today and realized that my body missed the extra muscle burn, I had such a boost from blasting up the stairs, my legs, calves and glutes felt good. If something that simple can cause a mood and body boost than I know I have been away from my harder workouts far to long. I think I will run my stairs and few more times today. It is also snowing and cold and I will be walking really fast today. I sweat more in the winter when it's cold than I do in the summer. That should tell the story of why I have not been losing faster. A small epiphany was just had.

I am going back to the basics all this week. I am in hopes to lose 4+ pounds, and really get back into the workouts I was doing and recently ignoring for various reasons. Since my Christmas baking starts next week I am hoping to lose enough to combat what I could gain. Hey, at least I am aware and not going in mindless.
It seems I spend an awful lot of time back at the drawing board...you would think I would learn by now.

No comments: